Online Services

Use your cell phone or computer to file reports online...

The following is a list of Frequently Asked Questions specific to our Online Crime Reporting System. Should you have a question that is not listed here please send us an email so we can add your question to our list.

No. If a crime took place outside of the City of Cathedral City, please call the police department for that city. The only exception to this issue is if you are the victim of identity theft or credit card fraud, then it does not matter where the crime occurred. The police department will accept a report. If you need assistance finding a particular police department’s phone number please call our Records Division at 760-770-0300.

If this took place in a county area of Riverside, you need to call the Riverside Sheriff’s Department.

A known suspect is when you or someone else physically witnessed the suspect(s) commit the crime, or where to find the suspect(s) who committed the crime, or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were driving.

This is not defined as a known suspect. Please list this person’s name in your narrative description, and why you believe they are the suspect.

If this took place on a State Freeway, please call the Highway Patrol Office nearest you.

This is still considered part of a State Freeway, so please call the Highway Patrol Office nearest you.

Yes. However, if the nature of the identity theft or credit card fraud is extensive and there is evidence leading to the possible identification of a suspect, please call the Cathedral City Police Department non-emergency line at 770-770-0300 to report the incident. An officer may need to respond for this type of investigation.

If you know the serial number (which is usually only obtained if you look at the item and record the serial number from the item, packing materials and receipts generally have item numbers or store related codes not serial numbers) do not use this reporting system. Please call the police department and an officer will respond.

When evidence exists that can possibly identify the suspect(s) of a crime, please call the Cathedral City Police Department and we will send out an officer to conduct an investigation.

No. An officer must physically take a report for the theft. Please call the police department to report the crime.

No. An officer must take a report for a lost or stolen gun. Please call the police department to report the incident and an officer will respond to your location.

Each online police report will be reviewed. Filing a false police report is a misdemeanor crime under California Penal Code Section 148.5. False reports will be investigated and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Scroll to top