Police Reports may be obtained from the Cathedral City Police Department Monday through Thursday between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Crime Reports are usually available five working days after they are reported. Traffic Accident reports are usually available ten working days after the accident. It is advisable to call ahead to make sure the report is complete. Please make sure to bring a government issued photo identification card with you.
Guidelines followed to determine when and to whom a report can be released:
Crime and Incident Reports:
- Authorized Representative
- Insurance Carrier
Reports cannot be released when:
- Disclosure would endanger the safety of witness or other involved party
- Disclosure would endanger successful completion of an investigation or a related investigation
- Victim(s) of specified crimes
- If prohibited by law (i.e. child abuse reports)
Traffic Collision Reports:
- Drivers or passengers involved in collisions
- Registered owners of vehicles or property owners
- Insurance companies
- Parents of juveniles may receive a copy of certain types of reports if their child is the only juvenile identified in the report.